Sunday, April 25, 2010

Foray into Veganism I

Starting this morning, I decided it would be Vegan Week. I'm tired of feeling bloated and guilty about eating animal products.

So far I feel really good. This morning I had soy yogurt (nothing new) with granola and a few leftover waffles that I just realized were probably made with milk or egg. I just steamed some broccoli and baby red bell peppers with salt, ate them with rice and hummus and pita. For dessert I had a few bites of a mango-strawberry salad and a glass of chocolate soy milk. Everything tasted really good and I didn't miss cheese on anything.

I'll stop on Sunday, unless I really like it and want to keep going. As long as I remember to eat beans or peanut butter I should be okay. I don't think I'll be too obsessive; I will eat honey, not worry about bone-bleached white sugar and flour, and not stress out if I slip up. Maybe I'll permanently alter my diet; I don't really drink milk as it is and rarely eat eggs.

This feels really good.

Unlike the end of vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment